Digital Twins project
TeamCAD engineers worked on the creation and development of the first Digital Twin in Serbia.
Shopping mall „SAD NOVI BAZAAR“ is situated in the center of the Novi Sad city, at the beginning of the pedestrian area and is considered as one of the top shopping spots. The building is spread on 4 levels and 9.000 square meters of commercial real estate.
"Sad Novi Bazaar" Shopping Mall
Opened to customers in 1984 while being considered one of the architectural jewels in former Yugoslavia.
Company for architectural design and engineering “ME.COM” from Belgrade did a reconstruction project in 2005. Responsible engineer on the project was Ms. Ksenija Bulatović, M.Arch. The reconstructed object was reopened in 2006.
Today, “SAD NOVI BAZAAR” Shopping mall is managed by Mat-real Estate, part of Matijevic company from Novi Sad.
Some of the standard challenges when managing this type of objects were:
- Providing energy efficiency of the object and lower AC costs
- Having exact information about the quantity and locations of the equipment )(AC systems elements, fire protection systems, electrical installations…)
- Information about the warranties, service intervals, life expectancy for the above-mentioned equipment.
- Real-time information about the real estate renting possibilities and vacancies for potential commercial clients.
- In case that the clients adapt rented space, they need to promptly access information about the movable and immovable walls.
- In case of any changes in the building or inside the building, accordingly entering new data in the 3D model and technical documentation.
The additional challenge was the fact that the original building was designed by an architect Milan Mihelič in the now distant 1972, so there was no existing digital documentation present.
Solution To The Problem
As TeamCAD and Matijević companies are successfully cooperating for years, and even the Novi Sad branch office of TeamCAD is situated in the business part of the “SAD NOVI BAZAAR” Shopping mall, we have decided to continue our partnership on this project as well.
We have created the first phase of the building`s Digital Twin model and used several other newest technologies, which enable the user to view and move throughout the Digital Twin object, using just an ordinary internet browser.
The most important takeout is that there is no need, whatsoever, to install any type of 3D software or plugin.
If you would like to take a walk through the Digital Twin model of the “SAD NOVI BAZAAR” Shopping mall please click here.